Black Pawns Chess
"They were the first to fight. Moving towards the foes without fear. Each of them alone were not great warriors. But when they were together they were a hard adversary. Fearless warrior who didn't mind to life or die because the believed in his purpose."
In ancient chess, the pawn represents the line soldiers. But they were also medieval workers. Having each of them different jobs or roles in society.
- Gamblers (in the left-most file, that direction being literally sinister)
- City guards or policeman (in front of a knight, as they trained city guards in real life)
- Innkeeper ( in front of a bishop)
- Doctor (Always the queen’s pawn)
- Merchant/Money Changer (always in front of the king)
- Weaver/Clerk (in front of the bishop, for whom they wove or clericked)
- Blacksmith (in front of a knight, as they care horses)
- Worker/farmer (In front of a castle, for which they worked)
You can see the entire collection of chess paintings clicking here.
You can also see the collection throught:
Digital illustration inspired by the game of chess
The printing size is: 8.3 x 11.7 In
All the digital illustrations can be downloaded in your device. Once you purchase a product we will send you an email with the download link.
In case you want to buy an original illustration out of Spain, please contact us for more datails about the shipping.